Friday, July 29, 2011

and it all falls into place.

Do you ever have that feeling, that God is just placing everything in your life together like a puzzle? He may be slower than you had hoped in doing so, but in the end, it all works out to be a perfect picture.

This is exactly how I feel right now.

I arrived in Copenhagen two weeks early because I really wanted to get settled before work starts. Little did I know, about 5,000 exchange students would be needing housing in the city around early August. Thus began my fight in the housing war of Copenhagen. Email after email after email. No responses. Then, finally I would get a response, go see the apartment, then be told they had picked someone else. I knew I was being picky with my apartment selection, but I started to really feel like a failure. Nothing was working out and work was to start in only a few days.

When I went into the city the other day, I stopped by DIS and mentioned to my boss I was still looking for an apartment. He said he actually had a couple extra people apply to be a Danish Roommate (one of the housing options at DIS), and could forward them to me. Well I heard back from one of the girls, who has a huge, furnished apartment on the famous lakes of Copenhagen, which is a really great location! She is on vacation right now, but said she could show me the apartment on August 5th. Even though I don't have the apartment for sure, this is the most promising one I've had yet and I feel really good about it! Totally reminds me of the quote..."Good things come to those who wait."

I've also gotten the opportunity to meet up with a lot of my Danish friends, which has been great. It feels like I never left and I am so excited to continue those friendships.

So housing is looking up, most of the other interns are finally arriving, and work starts Monday!

1 comment:

  1. So glad this is falling into place! Sending happy thoughts your way. Hope the first day was excellent!!!! xo-kaitlin :)

    ReplyDelete